x

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Volitional – the act of willing, choosing, or resolving; exercise of willing.

Volitional – the act of willing, choosing, or resolving; exercise of willing.
b. Adding “to suru” after a verb that is in Volitional Form changes the meaning from “let’s [verb]” to “I will make an effort to [verb].” Similarly to the “to omou / omotte iru” patterns, “to suru” implies that you will make an effort to do the action in question. While “to shite iru” implies that you are and have been making the effort (“shite iru” is the progressive tense of “suru”):  
6時に起きようとします
Roku ji ni okiyou to shimasu
(I will make an effort to wake up at 6:00).
6時に起きようとしています
Roku ji ni okiyou to shite imasu
(I am making an effort to wake up at 6:00).


That’s all on Volitional Form for now! What do you think of Volitional Form conjugation patterns?Which Japanese verb conjugation patterns do you find the easiest to hear and use, and which do you find the hardest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.